Young Engineer of the Year Award
Recognizes an outstanding young engineer for educational achievements, professional society activities, technical activities, civic and humanitarian activities, continuing competence, engineering achievements, and professional experience. The nominee must be a Registered PE or EIT; an NDSPE member and 35 years of age or under on January 1 of the current year.
- 2015 - Kurt Lysne, Moore Engineering
- 2014 - Shane Steiner, KLJ
- 2013 - Sam Wilke - Advanced Engineering and Environmental Services, Inc.
Outstanding Design Award
Recognizes an outstanding engineering firm represented in the state of North Dakota. The award is based on engineering design content of a project completed or under construction in the current year. Consideration is given to how the project employs innovative or state of the art engineering practices to make it unique and deserving of an outstanding design award.
- 2015 - SRF - Williston Truck Reliever Route Project
- 2014 - KLJ
- 2013 - BNSF Devils Lake Track Raise - Houston Engineering, Inc.